Thursday, August 27, 2009

Joy and Sorrow

I found this great video the other day and posted it on Facebook. I hadn't thought much about posting it here, as I hadn't considered there being much joy connected with the video. As I've reflected on it, and gotten comments from others who have been touched by the video, I realize that once again this is an example of the sorrow and joy of life being linked together in ways that are not often obvious. Check out the video.

http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=3808

There is no joy in homelessness, but there is joy is being able to share a touching piece of art that may educate and inspire people to do something about homelessness. There is joy in knowing that this video was made with just $57 and yet won an award at a short film festival.

Opportunities to bring joy to others present themselves every day in our lives. Give someone a dollar or a cup of coffee, offer a smile or a hug, share a video!

No comments:

Post a Comment