Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22 Joy

 Today was a day that has exhausted me to the bone.  I woke up to a story in the newspaper that a musically gifted young man my husband had recently begun working with was shot and killed by police.  Nate had been in my home just a week ago and several occasions before that, playing his guitar and sharing the original compositions he was working on.  My heart is heavy with this loss.  Rest in peace, Nate.

The exhaustion comes from the roller coaster of emtions that have taken me on quite a ride with the news of Nate's death and then the pure joy of my son's high school music concert this afternoon.  Hearing my 15-year-old solo on "Pure Imagination" (from the Willy Wonka movie) was sweet enough to bring tears to my eyes for the second time today!  Today I found joy in music played by talented young men and women at Helix Charter High School.

Where did you find joy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment